Hey y’all! I’m Miranda and I blog over at All Things Lovely. I’m a 22 year old Fashion Merchandising student from Texas and a lover of peace signs, wine, pearls and anything that glitters! I love to join-in on different link-up parties, and blog about anything girly including how to be a “Baller on a Budget”. Speaking of ballin’ on a budget, today I’m going to teach you how to make your own yarn-covered monogram!
One of my largest passions in life is to decorate my space but unfortunately, I’m always limited to a super-low-college-budget. The yarn-covered monogram is perfect for adding some pop to a shelf, bookcase, or to include in a budget-friendly present for a friend.
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Cardboard Monogrammed Letter – Less than $5 at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby
- Cut a very long strand of yarn and tape it to the cardboard monogram
- Begin wrapping the yarn around the monogram
- When covering the corners, overlap extra yarn and cover at different angles
- When your strand runs out, you can either tape down the end and repeat steps 1-3, OR you can tie the next long strand to the end of the strand already attached to the monogram