It’s officially the new year and I’m finally back and super excited for what’s to come. I’m going to be blogging for the first 14 days (which will help me cross off something on my 101 in 1,001 list) and then my usual Monday / Wednesday / Friday.
Review of 2014 Goals:
1: Get a custom blog domain – Not much to say about this except that it happened.
2: Become a freelance designer and get at least 3 clients – I wouldn’t say I’m a freelancer but I’ve had a few “clients”
3: Actually Start Getting in Shape unlike I did for 2013 – Does anyone ever actually do this one? Not going to even put this one on for this year. Maybe it will be like reverse psychology?
4: Become Friends/Get to Know more bloggers – I’d definitely say I’ve made friends in the blogging world and hopefully they feel the same.
5: Collaborate with other Bloggers – I didn’t collaborate as much as I’d have liked to but I did co-host a book swap with a few bloggers.
6: Visit New York – Kinda sad this one didn’t happen but it will happen this year!
7: Make some friends and possibly finally get a boyfriend – I definitely made a few new friends but I didn’t even get close to getting a boyfriend. You’ll hear more about that soon though!
Goals for 2015:
1. Move Out Before My Sister – 1 and 2 kinda go together, where I move to depends on where I find a job. All I know is when my little sister goes off to college, I’d like to be in my own place.
2. Get a new Job – I still don’t know what exactly I’d like to do possibly package design, maybe a magazine or freelance. Who Knows. I can’t wait to find up where I end up.
3. Visit New York – I’ve been wanting to visit here forever and this is the year I will make it happen.
4. Go to a Blog Conference – I was supposed to go to one on a boat called Blogcation but that got canceled so I need to find a new one to go to.
5. Get My Page Views and Comments Back Up – Ever since my posts’ quality went downhill, my page views and comments went with them. It honestly doesn’t surprise me
6. Find the Friend I Can Talk to Everyday Again – I’ve tried so hard to stay in touch with my best friend that moved to Arkansas but she just isn’t trying. Don’t get me wrong, when she came to visit a couple months ago we could talk like nothing happened but it’s still not the same. I’m not saying I don’t have any other friends but they’re all the people I hang out with every once in a while and barely talk to. Hopefully I’ll find a friend like that this year.
1. Change Social Media Photos – SOMEWHAT DONE! I changed FB & and Twitter but I think they still need some work just like my header. I think they all need a little something more but I’m not sure what yet. If you have any ideas please let me know!
2. Get Christmas Shopping Done – DONE! I didn’t get done super early but I got everything done at least a couple days before Christmas Eve.
3. Send Christmas Cards to Bloggers – DONE! I sent half of the cards on the 22nd but I did get them all out even if they didn’t all get sent before Christmas.
4. Finally Write a 101 in 1,001 Update Post – FAIL! I barely blogged in December so I didn’t finish this but I do have it planned for January! I’ve also started working on completing things on the list which I haven’t done in a while. I’ve also been thinking about changing a few things on the list. Even though I made it in February, some of the things on the list I have no idea what I was thinking!
1. Stop Blogging in Bed – I’ve had my desk for almost 6 months not but I still have been blogging in bed. I did get a TV for Christmas so I can watch Netflix and blog at the same time and I have to sit at my desk to use it because of the HDMI cord.
2. Plan all Posts for February – I have all my posts planned for January and it’s helped me not stress about my blog as much. It doesn’t mean I wont change a post if something else comes up but I at least can just start writing a post instead of having to come up with an idea first.
3. Decide What Blog Conference to go to – I’m thinking about going to BlogHer in New York but I really don’t know much about the conference. I’d love for it to be in New York because it takes care of 2 goals for 2015 in one! If you have any suggestions let me know!
4. Keep My Clothes Off My Floor – I have picked up the bad habit of throwing them in a pile in my room when I change into my pajamas. It wouldn’t be a problem if I did my laundry a little more frequently. Basically I don’t do laundry until I start running out of something.
5. Find a New Purse – I’ve been using the same purse since I went to Italy in June of 2013. It’s basically falling apart now so I should probably find a new one. I’ve never really been a big purse girl besides having the need to carry one.
What are some of your goals or resolutions for the new year?